American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information Security Analyst- Operational Security
It’s more than protecting systems and data.
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
- 1+ years Technical Operational Experience within Information Security Organization with emphasis on Network Security, Vulnerability Management and Distributed Security
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners in a corporate global organization
- Must have knowledge risk management disciplines; security policies and standards; security awareness; IS risk management controls; 3rd party / vendor management
- Ability to represent Information Security teams with Audit and the expertise to know when to engage the Subject Matter Experts
- Experience with IT risk management and process improvement
- Proven experience implementing and rolling out key initiatives and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with varied constituencies and drive results without direct authority
- Highly developed communication skills both verbal and written, as well as presentation skills
- Advanced MS Excel skill for gathering and compiling data
- Understands concepts of controls and compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge across multiple business and technical environments, covering a large range of business functions and capabilities
- Proven ability to work with and across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Typically holds a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or has equivalent work experience
- Professional certification preferred (CISA, CISSP, CISM)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time