American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Project Manager, Mobile & Web Engineering
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. We are looking for talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across digital, mobile, and social media. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing highly complex delivery consisting of multiple products, as well as planning, and coordinating large strategic programs from initiation through to implementation. You will partner with cross-functional product teams, business owners and engineering teams to determine and interpret objectives into solutions and requirements, drive processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and promote continuous improvement. You will also be responsible to participate program/ release level events such as Program Increment planning, inspect and adapt, and Scrum of Scrums.
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers
- Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other stakeholders to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Opportunity to provide in-house informal agile coaching to our product and business teams (optional)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 2 year of experience with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, HTML, Java, object-oriented design and coding across a variety of platforms.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Adaptive communication
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time