American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Consumer Card Services
Some people can spot a trend.
Others not only see it, they help start it.
Our Directors are forward-thinking, team-oriented, and people-focused. They celebrate the balance between big picture thinking and a keen eye for the details. They’re business smart and strategy-savvy. And they know driving business growth means more than selling products; it’s about people, and delivering on our brand promise to our colleagues and our customers.
Do more than create sales. Create value.
This is an exciting to opportunity in the Consumer Cards group in Thailand, supporting both Marketing and Card Acquisition teams.
In this role your goal is to play a leadership role across all aspects of the Consumer Card Services team to drive customer loyalty and engagement through supporting our Marketing teams as they develop and execute a range of holistic sales and marketing campaigns across our Card portfolio to achieve our business goals for the Thailand market. Specifically, this role you will
- Lead Marketing and Loyalty teams, and work closely with the Card Acquisition team and other cross-functional lines of business, on strategic initiatives to drive business growth through premium customer experiences
- Identify and develop innovative strategic marketing initiatives to drive business growth utilizing the tools available to us in the market, including both traditional and digital communication and distribution channels
- Leverage customer insights and feedback to develop innovative marketing and brand development strategies
- Supervise and manage advertising campaigns, brand development and brand guideline compliance, as well as PR initiatives
- Maintain and grow strong business partner and agency relationships
- Maximize returns and the strategic deployment of investment across all products for advertising, marketing, communication, and acquisition
- Evaluate results of all channels to identify business opportunities and risks to achieve greatest profitability of the potential groups
- Analyse large data sets to understand correlations between customer behaviour and business outcomes to make decisions impacting long-term growth and financial returns while delivering on our brand promise of a premium customer experience
- 12+ years relevant experience in Marketing, Business Planning, and Sales Acquisition
- Work experience in finance and banking industries with exposure to an international working environment is preferred
- Proven people leadership combined with an intuitive analytical acumen and conceptual skills
- High integrity, strong controls and compliance orientation, and an ‘always do the right thing’ mindset
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive results
- Effective planning, forward thinking, with multi-function abilities, as well as sharp business sense and vision
- Highly resourceful, hands-on, independent and able to work with all levels of staff internally and externally
- Good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to negotiate, influence, and build relationships with business partners
- Strong team player who can work effectively in a matrix environment across markets and geographies of a global organization
- Will to win and innovate to maximize opportunities within the limitations of every environment
- Excellent written and spoken English and Thai
- Solid PC skills and digital savvy
- Lead a team of 15-20+ professionals
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time