American Express Careers
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Enterprise Information Management and Digital Partnerships Team within American Express Technology. This role will work closely with the Vice President of Enterprise Big Data & Marketing Technology and support the Unit CIO functions for Global Information Management & Global Marketing Operations.
The incumbent will play an important role in shaping strategies across the organization to help drive results across the following domains: Big Data, Global Information Management, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Marketing Technology, Personalization, Marketing Operations, Digital Acquisition and Advertising Technology.
They will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of strategic, analytic and communications initiatives to help ensure the business objectives of the area are attained.
This individual would lead the key strategic initiatives, including processes for employee goal setting, PMP/talent assessment processes, colleague engagement, organizational effectiveness, completion of mandatory requirements across the organization, and Campus20.
They'll also work closely with the leadership team and critical partners across the business to ensure that business objectives and targets are met. This person should be strategic, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator with knowledge of the AET business and landscape.
This role is ideal for someone with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and establish collaborative relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required, including monitoring progress against key priorities.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of business planning and operational processes, including scorecards, budgeting and operating expense management
- Lead the development and execution of internal communications and logistics for key events, business updates and other deliverables, including accountability for organizing staff meetings, town halls and off-sites.
- Support the organization in preparing strategic business reviews/presentations to senior Blue Box stakeholders such as Business Unit Reviews, Top Project Deep Dives and Performance Reviews.
- Create impactful presentations by identifying, gathering, synthesizing and assessing a variety of data.
- Proactively develop strong network and working relationships with various constituents across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the team.
- Identify opportunities within the team and create plans to enhance communication, education and other areas to increase team productivity.
- Play an active leadership role in the team’s Colleague Engagement Strategy.
- Help the team achieve compliance goals by coordinating and tracking related activities.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to lead and deliver through ambiguity.
- The individual must be highly organized, culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve.
- 3+ years experience in working as part of an executive office team required; B60+ experience preferred
- 3+ years experience managing day to day VP level priorities required; B60+ experience preferred
- 3+ years experience financial planning and budgeting experience
- 5+ years experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and across American Express
- Deep knowledge of Amex Technology organization systems, processes and organizational structure
- Able to produce innovative, creative and impactful presentations for all levels of leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence, with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to learn quickly and work proactively with minimal direction
- Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving and overcoming barriers
- Insight and courage to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with proven ability influence without authority across departmental and geographic boundaries
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree Preferred or has equivalent work experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time