American Express Careers
Account Development Executive, NZ
CCLM - Account Development Executive
American Express Global Merchant Services manage all aspects of our vitally important merchant relationships. As a result of our coverage expansion strategy for Australia, American Express has recently created a new Centralised Client Management (CCLM) team based in Auckland, New Zealand.
The CCLM is a phone-based outbound Account Management sales team comprised of Account Development Executives that client manage a portfolio of small to medium sized Australian enterprises, and seek to drive growth through expanded acceptance, ensuring American Express Cards are welcomed with prominent point of sale signage, and nurture these relationships to continue to improve merchant satisfaction.
Who We Are Looking For
A results orientated, passionate Account Manager who is excited at the prospect of growing a commercially viable pipeline of business for American Express. We’re looking for someone who will be a true ambassador for American Express by representing our brand and our core merchant proposition.
If you are highly motivated, have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders up to and including CFO and CEO level, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Drive growth of a portfolio of SME merchants in the Australian market through relationship building via phone and email based contact.
- Develop and execute a plan to grow financial success measures through establishing and building long-term relationships with accounts based on exceptional account management, mutual trust and integrity.
- Manage customer expectations and resolve/redirect customer concerns as appropriate, e.g. suppression cases, disputes, fraud, discount rate negotiations and cancellation threats.
- Drive initiatives that seek to improve merchant satisfaction and NPS.
- Differentiate American Express value and ensure that the Merchant understands the premium Value Proposition and benefits that acceptance of the American Express Card brings to their business.
- Maintain a high standard of product, technical, and industry knowledge through ongoing study and training.
- Develop and implement a strategy for merchants within portfolio, observe discrepancies and trends and identify corrective remedial action where required.
- Work with our clients key decision makers to grow business by selling the American Express acceptance proposition, as well as understanding and overcoming objections
- Proven experience in Account Management, Sales, Business or Account Development.
- Experience in working in a phone-based or face to face based account management environment.
- Customer-focused with prior knowledge or experience in financial services or Australian market is a plus.
- Ability to build and leverage strong client relationships and confidently deliver a sales proposition.
- Be a skilled clear communicator who uses active listening to quickly gain an understanding of clients' needs and communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner.
- Excellent negotiation and objection handling skills and proven ability to consistently deliver excellent results in challenging and competitive environments.
- Ability to identify new opportunities and solutions to meet customer needs through creative thinking.
- High level of integrity, professional and mature attitude.
- Team player with the ability to work in groups and contribute to team success.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time