American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Analyst/Assistant Manager- Enterprise Digital Analytics
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Background: American Express is one of the world's largest, most analytically sophisticated financial services providers. The American Express Brand stands for unsurpassed customer service and expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in serving customers and delivering for shareholders.
The large team of econometricians and programmers thrives in a culture where problems are solved with innovative approaches and precise analysis. Customer marketing vision is to deliver the most relevant content to the right customer at the right time through their preferred channel(s) of choice.
The Organic Growth team within Enterprise Digital & Analytics(EDA) is focused on developing, innovating and integrating, information driven marketing strategy globally. The teams’ focus is on driving customer acquisitions by giving treatments to our existing customer base like upgrades, cross sells and family cards (supplementary) which have proven to increase engagement, deepen relationship and thereby give incremental revenue.
The team works at developing the economic estimate of such treatments through predictive modeling which can be utilized in future ROI based investments. The team also designs personalized and timely curriculum to deliver to the customer across various customer life stages such as early tenure, organic, pre attrition and retention through advanced data science techniques.
The role requires exhibiting a high level of expertise in guiding the data strategy through statistical analysis, decision support logic and data techniques.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to step into a very challenging role. He / She will drive improvements in generating data driven actionable strategies to enable business growth initiatives.
Key focus areas will include:
• Development of analytical infrastructure to improve relevance of customer marketing by identifying the right offers for each card member
• Leverage the power of closed loop through Amex network to make offer targeting more intelligent and relevant
• Innovation with focus on developing newer and better approaches using big data & machine learning solutions
The individual is expected to create holistic recommendation by pulling data from different data sources and make effective and persuasive presentations for project teams and business leaders. He/She will work directly with central marketing teams to drive above strategies.
QualificationsA Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative analysis or MBA with quantitative specialization and significant analytical/econometric experience
• The incumbent must possess strong analytical capabilities to synthesize unstructured data and help develop business strategies to improve customer experiences, marketing objectives.
• Competency in data mining and customer segmentation techniques through SAS/SQL/open sources such as R/Python
• Ability to be proactive, think quickly and make critical decisions regarding high visibility deliverables with tight timelines; often requiring the ability to make complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
• High quality written and oral communication skills with proven success in influencing business decisions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time