American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Architect, Machine Learning & AI
This position is within InAuth, a global leader in Device Intelligence solutions and a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express.
We’re looking for a hands-on leader with strong expertise in machine learning who is proficient at coding and teaching others new frameworks and techniques. Comfortable with both technical and business responsibilities, you will be working with engineers, data scientists and fraud experts to build products and solve complex problems. We will look to you to help drive AI strategies and identify areas where machine learning can improve authentication and fraud-prevention products, as well as internal business functions. You will be part of the entire sprint process including planning, building roadmaps, doing daily stand-ups and retrospectives, as well as delegating, mentoring and performing code reviews.
Reporting directly to InAuth’s Head of Product, you will be helping solve deep technical issues while working across multiple disciplines. You will work closely with Senior Management, Product Management, Data Science, Client Services, and Software Engineering to ensure that continuous successful development and delivery is taking place.
This position is for a strategic role that requires a “doer” attitude. You will be expected to code and work with the existing data science team while also providing strategic insights and direction. If this is you, then we’ve got your next challenge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify new opportunities for machine learning at the company
- Define future product vision and strategies for machine learning and AI
- Partner with executives and stakeholders to build analytical products for clients
- Be technically deep and command the respect of experienced engineers and data scientists
- Perform analysis on client data to demonstrate product value while identifying trends and optimization opportunities
- Think strategically while rolling up your sleeves to deliver machine learning capabilities and tools with the team
Qualifications to make you stand out:
- Strong expertise and hands-on experience with machine learning strategies, tools, techniques and capabilities
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience using Yarn/Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Fraud/risk management experience is a plus; machine learning experience with a fraud use case is a huge plus
- Experience managing numerous complex parallel projects
- Proven ability to work with software engineers to estimate work and schedules by asking questions, analyzing data, and challenging assumptions
- Excellent problem-solving, risk-mitigation and conflict-resolution skills
- Highly organized, persistent and tenacious, with the ability to influence, manage and lead
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related field
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%, depending on base location)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time