American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, HR Marketing and Communications
American Express is hiring a Director for its HR Marketing and Communications team in New York City.
Communicate about something that truly makes a difference – our experiences as employees growing their career in a fast-paced, global environment.
American Express is powered by a global team of employees that is the best of the best. Identifying and attracting that talent, and then maintaining them as top performing employees, is an art and science that ultimately creates the heart and engine of our organization. In HR Marketing and Communications, the opportunity is yours to develop and implement communications strategies & programs to engage candidates and employees around the world who power one of most valued brands in the world.
Our HR Marketing and Communications team is strategic, creative, digitally connected, social media savvy and, above all, people focused. This role requires someone with a passion for all things related to developing high impact communications that engage both candidates and employees in a meaningful and authentic way. This person will be responsible for both creating communications strategies and leading flawless execution in a fast-paced, global environment. The ideal candidate must be fearless in resourcefully engaging and collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to develop and drive programs forward. Strong leadership capabilities, both direct and matrixed, are critical.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading and developing a team of Marketing and Communication managers that are focused on our Employee Value Proposition initiatives, leadership communications and HR communications for employees.
- Building relationships globally across HR and all Lines of Business to design and implement HR Marketing and
- Communication campaigns.
- Developing and deploying the American Express Employee Value Proposition across all employee experiences.
- Creating and implementing global communications strategies & programs to engage candidates, from campus hires to executives, as they experience American Express through the hiring and onboarding experience.
- Engaging and managing agency partners globally to drive programs forward.
- Leveraging data analytics and insights to determine key performance indicators and ensure all campaigns are measured and optimized for top performance.
- Partnering to create our HR Marketing and Communications strategy to provide regional/local segmentation plans.
- 10 – 15 years of Corporate Communications or Agency experience, HR experience a plus.
- A strong record of driving results and innovation both traditional and emerging communications channels.
- Proven ability to counsel senior leaders on communication strategy and execution.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills are highly desirable.
- Strong executive presence.
- Proven project management experience with problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Outstanding ability to manage across a globally matrixed organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field; Masters preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time