American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Global Brand Communications
The Manager, Global Brand Communications will join the American Express Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM) team, whose mission is to create marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing and customer experiences. GABM’s ultimate vision is to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500.
The Manager, Global Brand Communications will bring to the role experience in the areas of advertising, marketing and brand communications. This individual will be responsible for the creation and execution of integrated marketing communications for the American Express Brand.
The role will entail working in a flexible team structure across multiple initiatives, business units and geographic regions (including US only, as well as international markets).
- Contribute to the development of a singular global brand strategy, and suite of Brand creative assets for American Express worldwide.
- Create and execute brand-level marketing
- Serve as the main point of contact for the American Express Mexico Brand team in the development of brand-level external communications.
- Create marketing assets and templates that can be adapted by business units and brand marketing teams globally.
- Leverage customer insights to direct, evaluate and adjust creative campaign elements to achieve better business outcomes.
- Manage a team of agency partners day to day.
- Partner with the Global Brand Management & Planning team in development of creative guidelines, toolkits & training.
- As required, manage talent relationships and negotiations and cultivate their involvement with the American Express brand.
- Manage team’s production budget.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience and a proven track record of developing strategic and tactical 360 degree communications, creative development and media knowledge for a top brand preferred.
- Experience working on a range of marketing communications assets in particular digital and mobile.
- A creative thinker, recognized as being solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player with professional maturity beyond his/her years of experience.
- Ability to effectively consult with, influence and partner with a range of stakeholders to ensure adoption of marketing solutions.
- Proven track record in successfully managing the development & delivery of marketing communications initiatives – ideally across multiple markets.
- Customer-centric thinker with proven ability to problem solve in order to deliver the right solution for the consumer and the brand.
- Excellent relationship management skills - proven ability to build and strengthen relationships across all levels of management and across a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong creative instincts and judgment – proven ability to inspire agency partners to deliver breakthrough creative solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively drive results.
- International experience preferred – experience partnering successfully with range of International markets.
- Spanish language skills strongly desired.
- Agency experience and/or previous experience managing agency strongly preferred.
- Collaborative mindset, curiosity and resiliency and with a sense of humor.
- Strategic problem solver – courage, strategic mindset and ability to look beyond business as usual to identify new solutions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time