American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Business Analytics II
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential
The Merchant Data Solutions team within GMS is responsible for ensuring that the correct industry categorization is assigned to Merchant records that are presented for review. In addition, the team reviews and validates Merchant data for all American Express fulfilled offers.
The candidate will be responsible for evaluating the accuracy of industry categorizations for selected Merchants within a pre-determined timeframe. The candidate will use a variety of internal tools as well as external sources to determine the accuracy and update the data within the Consumer Relevant Merchant Database. In addition, the team member will periodically review and update category review guides. They will compile and analyze results to inform category algorithm enhancement opportunities.
This role expects the individual to be able to be inquisitive, detailed oriented, thorough and have the ability to analyze external data to determine the optimal decision.
The role also demands that the team be able to work independently and also as a team. They must be aware of external industry trends and an overall understanding of Merchant industries. An understanding Card Bonusing categories and specific Card Bonusing terms and conditions are imperative.
From a technical perspective, it is beneficial if the individual has had exposure to internal Merchant Data Research tools such as MS3 / SEIMS, Salesforce, GMAR / MARC, advanced Excel knowledge and internet research.
• Perform research on specific Merchants leveraging internal and external data.
• Research the most appropriate and accurate industry category for each record.
• Update relevant data points, Category, Name and Address in the Consumer Relevant Merchant
Database through the Governance Tool
• Complete research and updates within agreed upon SLA
• Synthesize data updates to inform algorithm enhancements
• Interface with Merchant Offer Data Solutions team to evaluate review process and implement improvements including periodic updates to review guidelines.
• An enthusiastic person with “go-getter” attitude which can drive results on simultaneous, multiple tasks with differing levels of progress
• Passion for providing quick and effective service
• Ability to clearly communicate complex messages, both in writing and verbally
• Able to coordinate efforts across and resources within and across team to deliver on the goal
• Strong and clear communication style and ability to interpret and understand business needs.
• Eye for details and hands on experience in analytics and trend analysis
• Innovative mindset
Qualifications & essential skill-set (in order of importance):
1. Bachelor’s degree in any respect
2. Excellent communication skills in English (written & verbal both)
3. Proficient in using MS Outlook and e-mail writing skills
4. Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
5. Min. 6 months in current role corporate experience preferably in data management
6. Collaboration skills and ability to influence without direct authority
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time