American Express is hiring a Technology Recruiter for its Global Talent Acquisition team in New York City.
Do you have a talent for recruiting and placing top talent? Are you passionate about partnering with key stakeholders and candidates to deliver exceptional outcomes? Global Talent Acquisition is the recruiting engine of American Express, connecting world-class talent to careers which offer challenging work with a purpose. Our Recruiters are talent advisors, responsible for the overall daily management of all open positions for specific Lines of Business. This includes the client relationship, driving innovative and creative recruitment processes including sourcing strategies, pipeline development, managing the progress of the jobs searches, the candidate experience, data management and related project management.
The position involves the full range of business services that span from day to day recruitment activities to participation in longer range strategic initiatives, such as organizational change, department staff planning and process improvement. Recruiter will support the following line of business: Technology.
• Acting as liaison between American Express and candidates
• Serving as a positive business partner sharing market intelligence, effective and creative recruitment techniques and providing consultative, recruitment expertise to our Hiring Leaders
• Partnering with client organization(s) and delivering results
• Creating and developing the sourcing strategy with the sourcer, for each search, e.g. employee referrals, identifying target companies, networks, associations, etc to deliver accordingly
• Managing the candidate lifecycle
• Interviewing candidates via phone and on occasion in person
• Ensuring company complies with laws and regulations as it relates to online sourcing, recruiting and hiring practices
• Meeting with recruiting staff and hiring leaders in person as applicable to collaborate on optimum approaches to strengthen candidate pool, including annual recruiting strategies and diversity initiatives.
• Developing effective and compelling presentations to sell the job and the company to prospective candidates; building and managing candidates to close and offer stage
• Developing and managing talent pipelines
• Managing the candidate experience for all “in process candidates” to ensure optimal success
• Managing the candidate experience and ensure all the relevant variables are operationalized
• 3+ years of recruitment experience in technology
• 3+ years of experience as recruiter responsible for identifying, sourcing & placing candidates
• Previous experience in global, high growth organizations, or combined staffing agency and corporate experience preferred
• Experience sourcing candidates from a low or no fee sources such as social networking sites, job boards, associations, employee referral programs and the web
• Experience with relationship management
• Experience in or knowledge of financial services is helpful
• Strong knowledge of recruiting technology (Boolean search logic, Outlook, web, Excel, Power Point and Word
• Must possess experience with an ATS, Taleo experience preferred
• Successful experience managing multiple searches, and hiring managers, at different stages at the same time
• Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization and to develop strong client relationships
• Proven ability to manage many project/tasks at the same time
• Proven ability to perform under pressure and under tight deadlines
• Previous experience using data and market trends to develop recruitment plans is required
• Demonstrated ability to deliver practical yet creative recruiting solutions, meet or exceed recruiting metrics and drive consistently strong results is required
• Ability to anticipate needs and works pro-actively• Ideal candidate will sit onsite at our Phoenix or NYC office
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement
and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time