American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The incumbent will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to shape and influence the growth strategy for American Express Merchant Financing. This role will focus on driving initiatives geared towards profitable lending growth in the Merchant Financing portfolio, including but not limited to development of new products and capabilities and innovative risk strategies for existing products and processes.
American Express Merchant Financing provides financing to small and medium sized businesses that have a merchant relationship with American Express. This business has seen rapid growth since its inception in 2011. Till date it has extended more than $5B in loans to small businesses and has very ambitious growth targets over the next few years. Prudent risk management is critical to the profitable growth and success of this business.
The Manager/Senior Manager will be responsible for driving the business growth strategy, which will includes working with cross-functional teams to develop new and innovative products, building new capabilities and leveraging analytical and business acumen to identify opportunities in current portfolio and processes, which can lead to profitable growth in AR or improved lending margins. The role is an integral part of the large cross functional team identifying existing and new profitable growth opportunities for the business.
- Develop and execute lending strategies of new commercial lending products in the marketplace. Work with a large cross functional team to design and implement the strategy flawlessly.
- Build commercial lending capabilities, leveraging best in class industry practice.
- Leverage analytical skills to identify transformative opportunities and continually enhance lending decisions by incorporating new information, techniques, and change factors. Function as liaison to the business partners.
- Integrate or work with external partners to bring in external data sources with the objective to get additional risk discrimination in the models/rules.
- 1+ years’ experience in risk management (3+ years for Sr. Manager) or related fields that require strong analytical and quantitative skills. Credit Risk Management experience is a big plus.
- Strong strategic analysis and data handling skills. Knowledge of SAS/SQL is required. Experience in Big Data analytics is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence leaders and peers to drive desired outcomes.
- Team player with a positive "will to win" attitude, result driven and has the ability to work in a dynamic high pressure environment and have fun!
- Experience in designing and developing risk management systems is a plus.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field and/or MBA with analytical experience preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time