American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Corporate Occupational Nurse
American Express is hiring a Corporate Occupational Nurse for its Wellness Center in New York City.
This position will provide direct care for acute and emergency visits by providing nursing assessment, treatment and or referral as needed. They will conduct travel evaluation and administer vaccines for traveling employees, administer allergy shots and phlebotomy services by a physician order. The nurse will also play an important role in our Healthy Living program by conducting employee physicals, seasonal flu vaccines clinics, disease education programs, screenings, etc.
They will be required to carry out and maintain all regulations as they apply to OSHA, infection control, Quality Assurance of diagnostic testing-CLIA, medical waste and maintaining nursing supply inventory and equipment.
Nursing staff will also play a role in the companies Ergonomic and worker compensation program. This position will be responsible for evaluating work related injuries, provide first aide treatment and referral. They will collaborate with physicians as needed.
Maintain nursing record keeping system (EMR) that will meet legal requirements and assures confidentiality of all department documents, track utilization and report outcomes by location as needed.
- Must have a current NY Registered Nurse License
- Must have excellent physical assessment skills. Demonstrate excellent judgment by treatment and or referral plan.
- Must have skills to conduct phlebotomy services, IV certification, and use of all medical equipment (EKG, spirometry, AED, hearing screening, glucometer and choletex.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification. Knowledge and certification in ACLS is desired
- Proficient in operation of Microsoft word
- Must be able to communicate well with all disciplines, both medical and non medical. Knowledge in proper medical documentation.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulation, infection control, and quality assurance testing
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time