American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager – US Regulatory Reporting
- Reviewing and/or preparing the regulatory filing and supporting documentation/schedules. Given the scope of the report, this includes consideration of sub-ledger and financial data across a variety of systems and breakouts of this data beyond ending balances. There is a significant focus on the Balance Sheet portfolios.
- Providing thought leadership to the automation of 2052a preparation process and its alignment with related Treasury liquidity calculations.
- Ensuring report compliance with Federal Reserve and other regulatory reporting requirements, the Company’s internal review procedures and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Supporting projects to transform and improve the 2052a process, including partnering with American Express Technologies on key automation initiatives and enhancing policies and procedures around the regulatory reporting process.
- Work closely with MS Office Access databases to create process efficiencies.
- Managing responses to inquiries from (i) Federal Reserve; (ii) GCO; and (iii) other regulatory related inquiries.
- Managing the implementation of analytical and reporting processes, procedures and systems using the Company’s control framework.
- Coordinating with various Subject Matter Experts and Global Reporting leaders.
- Displaying thought leadership
- At least 5+ years' experience in Accounting/Reporting. Prior experience with U.S. regulatory/SEC reporting or public accounting a plus.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA or CA a plus
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Visual Basic understanding preferred.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and relationship management skills
- Proven people leadership skills and ability to develop and inspire through coaching and recognition
- Able to understand and enhance the control environment around the filings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Quick learner.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, methodical and responsive
- Ability to work independently from leader
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time