American Express Careers
Vice President, Technology IV
- The overall catalyst to drive a technology organization in delivering large scale mainframe and distributed applications in order to ensure 100% accuracy and availability in merchant payments processing.
- Identify and implement state of the art technology solutions to provide features and functionality which puts American Express in the merchant payables industry.
- Deliver technology solutions using an Agile approach to application development to achieve quicker time to market with a quality deliverable.
- Implementation of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment using automated development, testing and deployment methodologies.
- Partner with Product Owners to define Product Roadmaps and drive investment strategies to support the roadmaps.
- Foster an environment to attract and retain technically talented colleagues dedicated to make American Express win in the marketplace.
- Lead teams which are located around the globe delivering market specific functionality.
- Financial management of multiple cost centers budgets recovering operating expenses through product billing.
- Manage relationship with external technology vendors to augment staff to meet fluctuating demand
- Participate in internal and external audit activities to prove application integrity and adherence to public accounting principles.
- Successful candidate will have ten or more years of relevant technology experience in leading development of large scale technical solutions
- Seven or more years of experience in Merchant Payments processing or similar business which requires mission critical attention to ensure daily processing completes within service level agreements.
- 5+ years of experience in mainframe processing (e.g., COBOL, DB2, IMS and JCL) as well as 5+ distributed experience using various languages, tools and deployment strategies (e.g., JAVA Full Stack, Ab Initio, .Net, C, Cloud Computing), knowledge of IEF a plus.
- 5+ years working knowledge of Agile deployment tools (e.g., Rally, Jira) and Scaled Agile Framework(SAFE) to facilitate large scaled, multiple contributing team structured development practices in an accelerated manner.
- Strong relationship building skills and proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization with the demonstrated ability to debate ideas/ strategies and be comfortable managing constructive conflict
- Strong people leader exhibiting passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity through a servant leadership personification promoting the development of talented, energetic, creative and highly dedicated team members.
- Strong experience in both written and verbal communication; ability to effectively communicate to senior leaders and colleagues within the organization
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or has equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions..
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time