American Express Careers
Manager – Large Market Sales
Do more than create sales. Create value.
GCS’ Large Market sales team was established to drive growth into the Large Market UK segment through the acquisition of new Commercial Services customers, which the Large Market Account Sales team will then nurture and grow. The Large Market segment – companies with a turnover of £300m or above – is a high potential segment with significant opportunity for growth.
This role is pivotal in reinvigorating American Express' position in the segment. The incumbent will be focused on delivering a long-term, consultative selling strategy to drive results for GCP UK. The role involves selling the full suite of American Express commercial payment solutions to UK Large Market prospects.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Selling to a focused, high-profile portfolio of strategic UK-based prospects
- Responsibility for strategic account leadership and for building effective Strategic Opportunity Plans which define and deliver a winning strategy for each prospect.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders such as Pricing, Finance, Contracts, and Marketing as well as Sales and Account Development Managers as required, both locally and globally.
- The responsibilities include targeted metrics based on external prospecting activities, signings, and billings
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven successful business to business sales experience
- Track record of selling into senior and c-suite audiences
- Experience and comfort in managing long and complex sales cycles
- Drive and ambition to succeed, with successful track record in career to date
- Self-starter with ability to identify, analyse and pursue opportunities when they appear
- Ability to develop consultative sales strategies and articulate the value of a customised Amex value proposition to meet customer needs
- Ability to use insight and deep understanding of prospects to challenge the status quo
- Highly developed commercial acumen and numeracy
- Ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of the Commercial Services value proposition and how this can address the customer needs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to maintain rigour at every step of the process
- Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline
- Ability to develop and execute strategic opportunity plans
- Influencing and communications skills
- Strong relationship/networking skills
- Must be able to travel, primarily in the UK
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time