American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Payments Security & Emerging Payments
The Director, Payments Security & Emerging Payments is part of the Global Payments Consulting team within Global Merchant &Network Service’s Global Strategy & Capabilities whose mission is to deliver an excellent customer experience and provide differentiated value to merchants and partners so they achieve their aspirations and recommend us.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team responsible for providing the strategic thought leadership and actionable plans to enable emerging Offline & Online payment capabilities; e.g. Contactless NFC, Digital Wallet and tokenization solutions, SafeKey as well as solutions to ensure seamless payments experience, e.g. CardRefresher. This high-impact, high-visibility team will work with leadership across GMS and the enterprise to identify and deliver value through creation of payments strategy, roadmaps and deployments plans. The position has three direct reports.
The Director will shape internal strategy and influence prioritization of initiatives by acting as voice of our customers, including merchants, processors, aggregators and vendors. Engagement with customer-facing teams and payments experts will inform industry Intelligence gathering. Team will be responsible for ensuring customer-facing teams are equipped with tools and materials to provide value-added solutions/programs and address merchant inquiries.
This role demands a persuasive leader with strong communication and influence management skills who can balance strategy with outstanding execution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish Payments Security strategy, roadmap and execution plans against high priority initiatives and network requirements, e.g. Digital Wallets/Contactless, Online Pin, SafeKey
- Align with key Blue Box linkages (e.g. network, Issuers) on product migration and execution plans
- Drive SQP process and funding requirements for PCG partnering with GS&C executive office
- Expand merchant awareness and education via direct merchant outreach leveraging Payments Consultants, communications, webinars and participation at select trade and industry events
- Develop merchant facing materials for product suite and policy impacts
- Conduct merchant needs assessment and external landscape intelligence gathering to inform and influence future use cases for solutions and/ or market expansion plans
- Deliver senior management reporting; dashboards, analytics to inform business decisions and demonstrate payments product parity coverage
- Influence prioritization for unplanned non-GMS led strategic projects that benefit the enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to develop execution plans in support of business strategy with proven results
- Influence management – ability to drive decisions across organization and levels
- Excellent project management experience
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to deal with technical complexities and unknowns, e.g. ever-evolving payments capabilities
- People leadership --- ability to develop and motivate direct reports
- Build and leverage strong Blue Box relationships, within GMS and in particular with network, Issuing, Fraud Risk Management, GSN and externally
- Experience and skilled at presenting to large audiences and senior leaders
- Payments industry experience a plus, specifically new/emerging payments capabilities and knowledge of the acquiring industry/payments lifecycle
- Customer-facing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree/MBA is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time