American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Product Manager - Travel and Lifestyle Services
American Express has built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the tools of the future. If that fits your career vision, look no further. We are looking for a highly talented, self-motivated Associate Product Manager to help drive various Products and Capabilities for the Travel and Lifestyle Services department.
This Associate Product Manager role is an opportunity to be an integral part of a high-performing Global Product Management team, focusing on providing best in class products and capabilities around the globe. This individual will work hand in hand with the Product Manager to support the definition and documentation of product roadmaps, release and iteration schedules, creating user stories , and ensure product delivery meets the business need. Using Agile management framework, this individual is responsible for delivering capabilities that enable service excellence, focused on driving efficiencies across the product delivery lifecycle by creating highlight flexibly, multi-use, state of the art global platforms and processes.
- Supporting strategic initiatives on the TLS Global product roadmaps from planning to delivery, including an ability to identify MVP, test and learn and prototyping opportunities.
- Performing analysis of Profile Systems and other Capabilities for Travel and Lifestyles systems and tools.
- Identify tool and system enhancement opportunities, as a user advocate, and translate ideas for capability development by providing business problem statements and process expertise.
- Conduct competitive analysis to ensure best-in-class capabilities and technologies are implemented.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with design, analytics, engagement, project management, engineering, business leaders and the end user.
- Support the Global Product Development with AET scrum teams in capability implementation, accountable for delivering initiatives on time and to objective, as well as defining and prioritizing backlogs, developing user stories and sprint planning.
- Partner with operational teams to ensure feedback is collated and requirements for future capabilities are known, and participate in working sessions to represent the agent’s user experience
- Work closely with AET and Global Product support teams to ensure expected system SLA’s are met, manage all aspects of issue resolution and support knowledge article development for product capabilities.
- Report monthly KPIs on Infrastructure and platform system performance, in addition to providing weekly product status reports and attending daily scrum alignments.
- 1-2+ years’ experience in project/product management, preferably for a technology organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and employ prioritization techniques
- The ability to identify and take advantage of opportunities to test, learn and transform a product utilizing lean and MVP principles through innovation and constant iterative improvement.
- Consultative and collaborative skills, including the ability to influence without authority and present solutions to complex business problems in an understandable way at all levels.
- Critical thinker who can challenge the status quo to drive progressive improvement.
- Strong root cause, analytical and resolution skills with a proactive approach to problem solving using data analysis and analytical decision-making.
- A highly organized individual with a proven track record of consistently delivering results and operating in a matrix environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to present solutions, using data to develop insightful recommendations and influence strategies.
- Proficient in standard MS office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, plus WebEx, and Rally – Agile Central.
- Ability to build and hone relationships across the organization.
- A good communicator who is able to participate in and lead broad audience conference calls, adapting communications to suite the audience, and presenting complex concepts clearly to both Technology and Business partners at all levels of the organization.
- A Self- Directed, independent contributor with a collaborative style, driven to meet individual and team deadlines.
- The ability to write requirements documentations, agile stories and acceptance criteria using techniques through the Agile Methodology.
- Experience working with rapid and iterative development teams strongly desired
- Experience working in the travel industry with extensive knowledge of travel technologies is a distinct advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time