American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Web Engineer- Application Security
- Act as technical liaison between Application Security and application development teams, including guiding teams towards strong application security practices and remediating known risks.
- Implement automation efforts to reduce manual workload and deliver results to customers effectively
- Develop and implement continuous service improvements to Application Security Management program
- Delivers next generation application security controls, socializing with application teams to ensure strong adoption and solves technical barriers with tools and processes
- Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments
- May participate as subject matter expert or lead multiple moderately complex initiatives
- May be required to provide off hours support
- Preferably holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Good working knowledge of code versioning tools like Git and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, Maven, or Ant
- Professional Audit or Information Security certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, and best practices (i.e. OWASP, NIST, PCI, ISO, COBIT, COSO, CMMI) is a plus
- Typically possesses prior IT and business work experience with exposure to various technical environments and business segments, and some experience working with auditors and regulators.
- Superior skill in organizing, managing and interpreting data
- Proven communication skills, the ability present information clearly and concisely to all levels of management both formally and informally
- Requires experience in analyzing large amounts of data, interpreting results, and making recommendations
- Strong communication and experience working across teams to achieve goals
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time