American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Operations – Global Business Integration
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The American Express mission is to be the world’s most respected service brand. Global Servicing Network (GSN) plays a central role in helping the company achieve that vision, with an interconnected team of nearly 30,000 employees and partners operating in 22 markets around the world, all focused on serving our customers and shareholders.
The Customer Engagement Network (CEN) is the largest customer-facing organization in GSN, delivering superior customer care to Card Members across the proprietary business. The role of integrating business change into CEN is performed by the Global Business Integration team (GBI).
In the context of a complex and real-time servicing environment, we need to ensure that our Customer Care Professionals (CCP) are adequately prepared for all Business-Driven Change Initiatives (New Products/Product Refreshes, Capabilities, Servicing Strategies, etc.) and that communications reinforce our commitment to Relationship Care® in every interaction.
Our team’s core purpose is to enable our Customer Engagement Network to deliver extraordinary CCP & Customer outcomes through effective Change Management and Relationship Care®. In this unique position the successful candidate will be enabling business growth through effective collaboration and influencing with our Line of Business partners as well as utilising your broad operational knowledge to ensure flawless execution and delivery of business driven change across International markets.
This exciting Manager role will focus on our broader strategy to liaise with the International Consumer Charge product team to define the servicing strategy for CEN and improve the overall customer experience - in their channel of choice - for high priority business initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who are passionate about customer experience and possess a strong aptitude to problem solve, innovate and prioritise – particularly within the context of the Agile Product Lifecycle.
By establishing & leveraging strong working relationships with product owners, production leaders, project partners you will influence our partners to ensure that CEN’s operational needs are accounted and our new pan-GSN servicing principles are met; that the execution of initiatives is flawless, with potentially negative impacts minimized and opportunities to realize expected benefits maximized. Given the International remit of this role, there is a requirement for adaptability to market practices and time zones. The incumbent would be expected to foster a strong sense of global collaboration and a growth mind-set.
- Serve as a single point of contact for Central International Consumer teams (Product, NPD & Marketing) into GSN/servicing
- Enable the optimal Customer outcome balanced with the right pace and impact of change for our CCPs to enable our servicing to remain as a differentiator
- Lead and collaborate with GBI Project Manager peers on execution of business initiatives with pan-GSN servicing impacts
- Leading and motivating indirect reports to deliver on critical goals of driving flawless execution on business driven change and new product launches
- Effective Relationship Management – ensuring proactive communication & goal alignment with key stakeholders & customers, and regularly providing project updates (timelines, milestones, risks, performance metrics) to teams & CEN/WS stakeholders
- Upstream – acting as a liaison for Product Teams
- Laterally – with project partners & support teams
- Downstream – with CEN Operations
- Innovating and progressive thinking to enable business growth, along with a strong ability to influence design, strategy, and execution when needed.
- Identifying trends which have a negative impact on CEN and Customer Experience and influencing relevant business and process stakeholders to remove friction points
- Proactively developing servicing strategies (customer journeys, communications, learning solutions, etc) that are tailored to CEN
- Building the GBI brand with all business partners, aligned to our global objectives
- By preparing CEN for Business-driven change, supporting CEN lines of business in their abilities to drive performance, and focus on operations management
- Ensuring that Legal and Regulatory controls are central to everything we do when implementing and executing initiatives throughout Global Service Network
Opening date for applications: 06 April 2018
Closing date for applications: 03 May 2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to leverage a strong Growth Mindset to motivate and foster growth in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Strong ability to build & leverage key relationships, while influencing project partners effectively
- Strong customer focus with the ability to translate customer insights into compelling strategies
- Ability to pivot between strategic thinking and tactical execution and prioritize competing initiatives
- Superior organization skills and prior large scale project experience preferred
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and act as an agent for change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity of Agile Project Methodology a plus
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives, dates, requirements on behalf of CEN and ability to pivot between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to translate CEN business needs into critical project requirements
- This role requires foundational knowledge of our service & technical structure, plus and an understanding of our digital strategy
- Prior large scale project experience preferred, with a proven ability to foresee interdependencies among various business initiative
- Has a strong understanding of call centre management, its KPI’s, infrastructure and capabilities
- Understands digital servicing strategies and market trends
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree from a college or university preferred or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time