American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Head of Insurance, Singapore
This position is responsible for driving transformational, innovative and strategic business initiatives through partnerships with insurance carriers. The incumbent will work closely with internal team members and cross department to fully leverage and maximize on all channels, sales and product capabilities in order to ensure robust growth in business.
The individual has to be familiar with insurance with relevant experience in leading insurance teams.
This role provides opportunity to learn and negotiate cross business units, enabling the incumbent to develop a thorough and solid understanding of the business.
- Manage P&L for the market. Responsible for delivering the Revenue and MC targets for the market by implementing revenue enhancement initiatives and strict control on expenses
- Manage A&P investment to drive greater efficiency for new business acquisition and marketing.
- Define and develop new products for the market in line with the market strategy.
- Work towards delivering a seamless customer experience for policy holders by working closely with carriers to drive the American Express service ethos and managing customer complaints proactively and with a sense of urgency to drive lower portfolio attrition.
- Responsible for partner management and engagement to ensure the business activities are prioritized by the Insurance carriers and relevant support provided
- Build strong relationship with internal stakeholders and business partners
- Develop a strong understanding of local laws and regulations and any changes announced to ensure strong operations and compliance. Keep abreast on market developments and keep management updated on key upcoming developments
- Degree or equivalent
- Min 8 years in financial industry with team management experience
- Independent worker and a team player
- Good inter-personal and partner management skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Agility and tenacity in leading the team through challenges
- Prior insurance experience would be beneficial.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore four consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time