American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Team Leader - Chargebacks
This is a Band 30 role.
• Responsible for leading a team of chargeback analysts handling multiple merchant products
• Creating and maintaining the schedule for the chargeback team
• Provide value added service to our customer base and simultaneously achieve high levels of employee engagement while minimizing chargeback losses.
• Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members and monthly/weekly one-on-one coaching and feedback sessions
• Ensure monthly Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and daily service levels are met
• Regularly review and implement process improvements with the aim of minimizing costs and maximizing productivity
• Good overall knowledge of Chargeback cycle.
• Monitor, evaluate, investigate, and respond to disputes received by various clients.
• Maintain strict adherence to domestic and international chargeback rules and regulations.
• Provide constant Quality Assurance for our clients as well as our internal chargeback team.
• Provide a high standard of professional/caring/friendly service while maintaining or exceeding the established standards for chargeback productivity and quality work with peers and leadership by communicating chargeback anomalies, or fraud trends (based on received chargebacks), and sharing ideas and information.
• Interaction and communication with our clients on senior positions.
•Assist with the creation of, or modification of, chargeback related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Building reports for Profit and Loss, analyst productivity, and help to locate root cause on chargeback trends.
• Ability to resolve complex issues with little supervision
• Work with peers and leadership by communicating chargeback anomalies, or fraud trends (based on received chargebacks), and sharing ideas and information.
• May require shift-work, including weekends and holidays.
• Contact conversations with clients to help provide a customer based experience
• Conduct interviews for new chargeback analysts
• Associate Degree and/or 3+ years related experience and/or training related to chargeback dispute processing from Merchant and Consumer end (previous credit card chargeback experience preferred for e-commerce or e-commerce fraud review), or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
• Experience of 3-5 years in chargeback processing from Merchant and Consumer end.
• Understanding of whole chargeback cycle and algorithm.
• Strong people leadership ability and professionalism.
• Good negotiations skills and ability to manage a production team.
• Excellent communication, problem solving & analytical skills.
• Comfortable with giving one on one coaching and feedback. Flexible approach to work hours and processes and should be a dynamic change agent.
• Flexible approach to work hours and processes and should be a dynamic agent
• Strong customer service, analytical, and decision-making skills
• Excellent client focus.
• Excellent time management and decision making skills while effectively handling high volume situations with little management over-site.
• Abide strictly by the company’s data protection policies.
• Strong Internet research, Microsoft Office, and overall PC skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups; internal personnel, customers, and/or employees of organization.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time