American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst/ Senior Analyst, Product Management
Amex Digital Labs originates, incubates, and grows promising ideas while delivering strategic digital experiences. We emphasize creativity, customer-centricity, and innovation.
Amex for Developers (developer.americanexpress.com) powers innovation by opening Amex APIs and SDKs to the public, allowing outside companies to build valuable experiences for Card members, merchants and the whole financial technology ecosystem. Examples include exciting payment services like Pay with Points®, fraud prevention, personalized Card offers, and experimental APIs.
Broad Exposure to Amex Product & Technology | Amex does a number of exciting tech integrations with third-parties. This role will give broad exposure to all of them. Build relationships across the company, in every line of business.
Exciting New Space, Sky is the Limit | Since this product is still relatively young (1.5 years old), we still get to do a bit of everything: user experience research and design, marketing, scrum, business development, go-to-market strategy and technical requirements. We don’t have the same legacy constraints of other products.
Strong Executive Sponsorship, Happy Collaborators | This is a passion project for leadership, and teams love working with us because we make their lives easier and give them the chance to work on a cutting-edge project without much effort on their part.
Learn Product and Business Development | You will receive mentorship and learn how to work within a large company to identify opportunities, evangelize, execute and get new policies created to support innovation.
In this role, you will report to the product owner and work on end-to-end coordination for new API launches and ongoing research projects related to users and the FinTech ecosystem.
- Join the PO in meetings with business, tech and governance leads, and eventually manage projects end-to-end
- Analyze users, site traffic and API volume, creating relevant dashboards
- Assist with business development - identifying new opportunities
- Perform competitive analysis
- Build relationships with API owners to talk about their 1.5 - 3 year plan
- Help craft our internal and external marketing and developer community-building
- Learn the ins and outs of running scrum, prioritizing a backlog and managing UX research and design
- Do you enjoy relationship management with teams across the company? It’s important to be curious about their APIs, goals and customers, because we are here to support them.
- Can you track multiple work-streams? Do you feel good knowing the details and status of programs and projects? We don’t do any superfluous reporting; it’s just important that we keep the ball moving forward with both business and tech teams.
- Have you worked with engineers, or do you have a little bit of coding experience? It’s important that you feel comfortable coordinating some basic technical tasks, however we can train you.
- Do you enjoy analysis, thinking through metrics and setting up dashboards?
- Do you have an interest in design or communications? If not, no problem. If yes, we can tailor your work to include that.
The candidate should have experience with some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Project management, program management, technical project management, marketing, design, product management, relationship management, coordination, coding, and team collaboration
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time