American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - IT Risk & Information Security
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications/packages/components focused on application security.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Understanding of web services technologies, distributed caches, NOSQL and data structure fundamentals a, plus
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time