American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
In particular, the role of the product owner for commercial supplier matching will partner with awesome people to bring the current supplier matching solution to the next level. Most of our payment solutions require knowledge about a supplier and improving the matching process helps drive more accurate product recommendations and accelerates time to value. Our clients will benefit in having more relevant solutions and experience faster response times.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Manage the masses - listen & influence your colleagues on promoting the best ideas
- Prioritize feature development - know when to say yes, and when to say no
- Lead a scrum team - drive outcomes with your partners
- Deliver on a vision - see the light and bring people along for the ride
- 2+ years of experience
- Ability to crunch numbers with data tools, both old & new - from vlookup in Excel to explode in Hive; Python & R is a plus
- Ability to say no - otherwise you can't prioritize
- Experience with Agile - writing user stories, defining acceptance criteria and testing, leading retros and PI planning sessions
- Interest in Accounts Payable and Machine Learning space - this role is at the intersection of both
- Willingness to go down with the ship - accountability is taking the fall for the team, but sharing the spotlight
- Great at project management - having a plan B, C, D, etc when plan A goes sideways
- Ability to smile; laughter is a plus
- Bias toward change - the commercial space is dynamic, and the role requires to pivot often as new information emerges
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred (Statistics or Engineering)
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time