American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences.
The Position is part of the Credit Risk Management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new accounts and line management strategies for Consumer and Small Business applications including but not limited to new product launches, testing/validating new data from external sources, account reviews, competitive study and project management . The incumbent will help ensure consistent credit performance and delivery of our financial targets and key customer goals in Canada with ownership of implementing and monitoring initiatives in the above functional areas.
The candidate will routinely access a variety of large scale databases and reporting platforms to analyze credit behavior and translate the information into actionable strategy with the objective of improving the customer experience while delivering on our aggressive financial commitments.
The candidate will further partner with cross-functional colleagues and teams within the organization to ensure credit results, new risk management initiatives, and progress against key metrics are actively managed and well-understood by business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively.
• Winning attitude with proven results orientation.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, working closely primarily with US, India and Canada based teams.
• Strong analytical skills with the competencies to lead and conduct analysis.
• Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Credit Risk Management experience is preferred.
•Candidates with an advanced degree in a quantitative field with analytical experience will be preferred.
•Strong SAS and/or SQL Programming skills are a plus.
• Self-starter with natural curiosity/desire to find out the root cause of issues or credit performance trends.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time