American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express is hiring a Manager Assistant to support the HR Chief of Staff in New York City.
The HR Chief of Staff (COS) office includes Global HR Communications and Marketing, HR Business Partner for Enterprise Functions, the HR Global Rotation Program, and the HR Executive Office.
The Manager Assistant role is an exciting opportunity for a strong analytical thinker, with a proven ability to bring structure and support to a wide variety of projects supporting a global team. The Manager Assistant will report directly to the VP, Chief of Staff and HR Business Partner based in New York. He/she will be responsible for providing thought leadership and execution related to various projects that would benefit the team and support the VP. It is a high visibility role involving exposure and interaction with a wide range of groups across the HR function as well as business functions.
- Assist with the creation and execution of team strategies and goals.
- Manage day-to-day business priorities and deliverables for the VP.
- Play a key role in driving the goals of the team, including oversight and execution of key special projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the various constituencies to accomplish tasks on behalf of the VP.
- Develop internal presentations and communications on behalf of the VP.
- Support the Director Assistant in managing the agenda for leadership team and strategic planning sessions as well as aspects of the budgeting process for the function as needed.
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Proven decision making and problem solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, creativity welcome.
- Strong positive attitude and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build relationships, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to learn quickly, drive results and has the ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Ability to deal with issues and information requiring considerable sensitivity, discretion, confidentiality and judgment.
- Advanced PC skills, with specific abilities in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of HR processes and disciplines preferred.
- 4+ years work experience is strongly preferred and an undergraduate degree is required.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time