American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Virtual Travel Consultant - Central Region - 2nd Shift
- Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
- Consulting with our Card Members so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
- Creating unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars, hotels and first-class entertainment
- Knowing what your customers want before they do
- De-escalating a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- A good knowledge of travel and world geography thanks to a lengthy spell spent exploring the world OR a recent history of selling domestic and international travel
- Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools, with the ability to book international air reservations. Native GDS knowledge preferred.
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- A flair for building customer rapport through your ability to carefully listen and use your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure or in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
- Ability to understand a Card Members concerns and overcome objections
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
A technical requirement of this role is to meet our serviceability requirements. Serviceability checks will be conducted around time of offer. The internet service provider must be through a service provider that is approved by American Express, and must meet the required speeds. This service will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time