American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Service Delivery Manager
- Work with multiple teams on major international program to identify key service delivery milestones, drive on-time achievement of milestones, and communicate progress. Ensure timely and effective communication of the status in terms of schedule and assessment of risks/issues
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and vendors to deliver technical capabilities, infrastructure deployment, and execution
- Pro-actively anticipate risks and ensure that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery commitments
- Utilize and define midrange operational best practices, requirements and associated documentation – ensure all processes are clear and auditable
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing best-in-class technology services
- Demonstrate well-rounded technical understanding of midrange environment including but not limited to hypervisors, operating systems, databases, monitoring, basic network terminology, Active Directory, and storage technology
- Actively monitor quality of service and drive corrective actions and process enhancements to improve performance and availability
- International travel required
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese (verbal and written)
- 5+ years proven experience managing midrange systems and/or storage
- Self-motivated with extremely strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle ambiguity, multiple tasks, shifting priorities and set schedule to meet deliverables (work under pressure with a positive attitude, be flexible, and prioritize tasks)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to present strategies to senior leaders and drive decision-making
- Proficient using Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Knowledge of ITIL and Operational Support best practices
- Additional qualifications desired (not required) include SharePoint development, block/file/object storage, audit and compliance
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven history driving results for enterprise-level projects
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
At the core of Service Delivery
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Business Analysis
- Financial Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time