American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain various Risk and Modeling applications and their related processes
- Lead or participate in initial review, analysis, solution design, coding and testing (unit, system and user acceptance) for various initiatives, models, and variables.
- Provide assistance to team members on the design, development, test and implementation of project deliverables. Shares best practices.
- Monitors performance, availability, capacity and error resolution for existing applications.
- Provide needed documentation for all work, processes and project plans and establish and maintain proactive communications with management, project teams and business partners.
- Collaborate closely with technology and business stakeholders on requirements that impact global applications
- Functions as a member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools, common components, and documentation
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- SAS application development experience a plus
- SAS Macro experience preferred.
- Experience in Java, JSP, Servelet, SpringMVC, Python and Hibernate a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in an Agile application development environment supporting distributed applications across the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent / proven communication skills
- Knowledge of Amex risk systems and data processes including CAS, CAS Midrange, MVS, BDP, GNA, GAM, GRMS, Risk modeling and Change Management.
- Strong team player yet able to work independently with well developed analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience with Waterfall, Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience in Big Data, Hive, and mainframe COBOL a plus
- Experience in managing high volume and critical processing systems
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Adapts to new technologies quickly and able to relate to business to define needs
- Quick learner, ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Can do attitude when presented with new opportunities
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time