American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping American Express maximize its purchasing power with third parties. GSM mission is to strategically leverage supply management to enable business growth, efficiency and innovation through best in class partnerships and operations. GSM team develops and executes strategic forward thinking category plans with multi year value generating portfolio of sourcing initiatives to enable the business success. Contract Strategy & Execution Team delivers effective end to end contracting process, increasing efficiency, reducing time-to-market, and creating transparency and value.
Develops and executes most effective negotiation plans for agreements of varying complexity in alignment with Strategic Sourcing and Category Management team and other SMEs (subject- matter expert) and stakeholders, delivering maximum value to the business through the contracting process. The role is expected to discover, understand and apply best in class contracting process insights and experience in the pursuit of driving supply opportunities at competitive cost and high quality. The role is responsible for building and maintaining stakeholder relationships with the business, across peer groups, contract stakeholders including General Counsel, Third party Lifecycle Management, Tax, Compliance, Insurance, in multiple markets, act as the point of escalation for third party contract negotiations and strategies.
Responsibilities will at a high level, include:
- Owning the centralized support for end to end contracting and approval process across markets for a variety of categories.
- Develop and execute most effective negotiation plans for agreements of varying complexity in alignment with Strategic Sourcing and Category Management team and other SMEs and stakeholders
- Own end to end contracting and approval process for contracts managed by GSM identifying and aligning on the most effective strategy to complete the work to meet Company objectives
- Lead contracting process to include template selection, drafting, negotiating and executing agreements
- Draft sophisticated contractual provisions leveraging GSMs template library based on strategy discussions, needs and expectations
- Review and manage the redlining of contracts of varying complexity using playbooks, defined negotiation bandwidths and defined escalation paths
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards, coordinate approval process and sign off
- Perform contract analysis as needed and advise Strategic Sourcing and Category managers on key contract considerations during sourcing process; identify risks, constraints and opportunities
- Perform appropriate research and analysis and obtain sufficient contextual details to support proposals and contract development
- Ensure that contracts, supporting documents and contract metadata are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained
- Develop deep knowledge of select agreements for effective contract management Provide clear and regular status updates to Sourcing and Category managers and Business Partners
- Maintain and promote the Blue Box Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
- Bachelor’s degree required. (an advanced degree, law, may be desirable.)
- 7-10 years of prior work experience, some in contract management role in a large company or contracts service provider preferred
- Experience managing large and complex procurement contracts and change initiatives preferred
- Strong understanding of key contract provisions
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations
- Strong character and ethics; attention to detail and ability to self-prioritize work on an ongoing basis
- Proven time management skills and the ability to handle situational pressures
- Solid knowledge and proven experience working with a cross-functional teams to develop and execute complex, time and commercial sensitive strategies
- Strong project management skills and financial management experience including development of CBA's, PowerPoint presentations and financial models
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and team player Experience with various eProcurement tools like Ariba, Archer, AXPERT, Bridger, Coupa will be advantageous.
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time