American Express Careers
Expressions of Interest - Business Development Executive
Do you thrive on challenges?
Want to work in one of the most exciting parts of our business?
Do you want to use your talents to help our clients and our business grow?
If this sounds like you, then your next career opportunity is waiting for you within our FX Sales Team at American Express.
We are looking for a phone based Business Development Executive, who will be responsible for driving acquisition within an exciting growth area of our business.
What is the gig?
Our FX business is a fast paced, fast moving environment where not one day is the same. Ever changing by the nature of the business as well as the changing global financial landscape. This is what makes this part of our business extra exciting and challenging.
You will be responsible for delivering new revenue by building a new pipeline of opportunities and developing new business with organisations that require both an International Payments and Working Capital solution.
You will be expected to generate activity and meetings that convert to sign ups and new account activations to generate revenue. You will be spending most of your time on the phone, however you will have the flexibility to meet clients outside of the office.
You are a goal orientated target achiever whilst also being a team player in order to contribute to highly regarded and successful sales team and a dynamic business unit that has grown incrementally over the past years. You thrive in a challenging and dynamic business within a stable, driven and professional sales team. The following traits and industry backgrounds that might help you help our clients:
• Business development skills and winning sales strategies
• Proven experience of having high level conversations with directors and decision makers
• Previous experience of opportunity profiling, cold calling, generating referrals and leveraging relationships for prospecting
• Past B2B sales experience is essential
• Self-motivated individuals who are able to set goals and implement strategies to exceed targets
• Focus on premium service across sales and account management
• Understanding of economic fundamentals for the purpose of negotiating during the sales cycle and for account development purposes
• RG146 would be an advantage
We believe we are making a difference to our customers and we offer an environment where you can learn, have fun and earn some great incentives. If this sounds like it could be of interest please apply.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time