American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director - Strategic Relationship Management
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Director - Strategic Relationship Management to perform in the International Consumer Services business unit of American Express.
• Driving Business Results: accountability for delivering across all key business metrics, including NCA (New Cards Acquired), attrition, billings, revenue, expense, net income and PTI.
• Provide strategic thought leadership and relationship expertise to develop new business opportunities and further grow our strategic and tenured relationships.
• Product and Platform Benefits Development: drive and execute new product development activities within the consumer and commercial card product arena, provide innovative thinking to support the development of the strategy for current or new partner banks.
• Portfolio Management: identify and drive implementation of portfolio optimization opportunities by partnering with internal areas and clients.
• Relationship: develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the partners or banks organizations, develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and ability to influence without direct authority, ability to successfully deliver results in a matrix organization, strong customer focus.
• Support strategies and drive partner adherence to all operational, compliance, audits and customer experience requirements.
If you're looking for a challenge that allows you to develop your career, we invite you to join our team and be part of a brand with global presence and global opportunities. Find out more about the company, our values and how to work with us on our website. American Express, is waiting for you!
• Native Portuguese (Brazil) speaker and fluent English
• Minimum of 10 years prior strategic relationship management, business development or similar background in a relevant service environment
• Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships at different levels of the organization and within cross functional areas within large companies
• Ability to effectively influence and manage change and drive results with strong leadership
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, manage and integrate with cross-functional business partners worldwide
• Profound background in contract negotiation and relationship management
• Expertize in driving the key metrics of a cards portfolio management
• Influencing skills to drive partners to deliver high results
• Working experience with international leadership in an ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
• Ambitious, resilient, entrepreneurial & self-driven personality.
• Display the highest personal integrity and ethics.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time