American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Analysis Manager
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The position is responsible for performing Controllership activities in support of the US Legal Entities. The position will report directly to one of the Sr.SDL/ SDL, and will serve in supporting the controllership functions, business management, finance organizations and regulators. The position will play an integral role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the financial statements, proactively eliminate controllable financial risk and exposure to the business, and regularly execute accurate and effective financial reports and controls. The position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives and providing accounting and reporting decision support as part of a world-class controllership organization.
• Preparation & Review of US GAAP financial statements, trend analysis, variance analytics and commentary
• Preparation & Review of Unit and BHC submissions
• Perform and review operational accounting procedures, including reconciliations
• Ensuring and monitoring quality and change control over financial related processes including, regulatory reporting and compliance and intercompany transactions
• Identifying and executing critical quality initiatives to continuously improve financial processes and add value to the Company
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
QualificationsAbility to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
• Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate to leadership, auditors and regulators
• Strong analytical skills and ability to connect business drivers
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
• 2-3 years Finance, Accounting & Reporting experience; CPA or equivalent professional qualification preferred; Degree in Finance/Accounting an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time