American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Centralized Merchant Team (CMT) Italy
- Driving growth of the smaller merchants in the Italian market
- Responsibility for several projects linked to smaller merchants ’satisfaction
- Develop in-depth understanding of the marketplace
- Differentiate American Express value, especially to core merchants
- Develop and implement a strategy for core merchants, including ad hoc activities and processes
- Contact core merchants which have significantly dropped in Discount Business Volume or have become inactives and identify/resolve the causes and ensure that the Merchant understands the Premium Value Proposition and the benefits that acceptance of the Card brings to their business
- Contact merchants over the phone for suppression cases, disputes, fraud, discount negotiations and cancellation threats)
- Active support and reinforcement of the premium value proposition (PVP) using appropriate marketing activities and campaigns
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong sales background with relationship building experience drive and strong networking skills
- Solid analytical and strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment with strong influencing and relationship building skills – ability to relate to people at all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of integrity, willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
- Previous experience in a sales environment in call centre
- Results-driven, independent & self-motivated - used to working towards goals
- Excellent level of negotiation and objection handling skills
- Strong listening skills
- Customer-focused approach
- Professional and mature attitude
- Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment
- Italian native speaker. Due to the nature of the role applicants must be native speakers or have in-depth knowledge of the country and culture, gained by having lived long periods of time in the country or by having had previous working sales experience in the country
- Eligibility to work in Spain
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time