American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Controllership Specialist – Temporary Position
American Express is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Controllership Team based in Rome.
The incumbent, reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, will be part of the Accounting and Reporting Team dedicated to ensuring the integrity of the consolidated US GAAP as well as Italian GAAP / IFRS financial statements and supporting the Italian business from an accounting and control perspective.
The Financial Analyst is in charge of:
- Supporting the review of the month-end accounting entries process
- Actively participating to the reconciliation preparation
- Performing P&L and BS Analytical Reviews providing information to all the relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the preparation of the Branches Financial Statements
- Supporting the preparation of the Branches tax return providing any information necessary to comply with tax rules
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have previous significant accounting experiences.
- University Degree in Economy or equivalent
- Excellent technical knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP & IFRS)
- Excellent understanding of banking economics and financial concepts
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven ability on database management programs (Excel and Access)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to be able to interact with other internal functions and external providers
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time