American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Data Analytics, Internal Audit Group
Manager, Data Analytics, - Internal Audit Group
Overview of the Department
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) is a worldwide function with approximately 150 team members and offices in 7 countries. IAG has a mandate to remain an independent and objective function that provides assurance and consulting activities that are designed to add value and improve the Company's operations. IAG executes various activities with the goal of assisting our business partners in accomplishing shared objectives, such as: bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
IAG’s growing data analytics team is responsible for end-to-end development and maintenance of analytics that support the department’s audits, special projects, and business monitoring efforts.
The successful candidate will be a key player in providing quality solutions for the data analytics function to the internal audit group.
- Analyze and interpret data to provide IAG with effective risk assessment and continuous auditing metrics and identify opportunities to improve the business, processes, and controls.
- Execute multiple simultaneous projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different audit teams.
- Work closely with IT specialists and subject matter experts in planning and developing analytical methods for data collection, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Understand, identify, evaluate, document key risk indicators and analytic results and conclusions. Analyze massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation.
- Complete both structured and unstructured assignments with the ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and clarify objectives to deliver results.
- Present analytic results and findings to senior audit leadership.
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics team to understand data structures, gather business requirements, and produce analytic results.
- 5 –7 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, or equivalent..
- Experience within internal audit, risk management, or banking/finance industry is preferred.
- BA or BS in Information Systems, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent degree, or related field is preferred.
- Professional certification (CIA, CISA, CPA, or equivalent) is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
- Proficiency in Tableau, Power BI, Python, R, SAS, Microsoft Access, Hive, and/or Spark is preferred.
- Experience with relational databases, Big Data, and/or ETL processes.
- Knowledge and experience in data mining, data analytics, continuous auditing, and report preparation.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey strategic insight and present on data analysis and trends with clarity and professionalism.
- Skills in problem solving and resourcefulness to quickly and independently solve problems, debug code, and produce results.
- Strong team player; Ability to efficiently and effectively drive projects to completion.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time