American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/ Sr. Manager, USCS Pricing Risk Management
This critical position is part of the US Consumer Products & Services Risk team. The candidate will play a key role in managing the Pricing and low tenure line management strategy for the US Consumer Credit Card portfolio. Pricing is a key determinant of card lending profitability. The candidate will need to carefully balance revolve loan growth with APR to ensure increase in portfolio yield over a long term.
The position will report into the Director, Risk Pricing Strategy for USCS and will closely work with various business partners in product management, marketing, compliance, technology and banking. To succeed in the role, the candidate needs to have a very good blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management and relationship building.
Responsibilities of this position are primarily focused on pricing low & grow line management but also require versatility to contribute on various projects if needed.
The key responsibilities are:
- Optimize APR assignment for new acquisitions and existing customers
- Evaluate and enhance low tenure line management strategies
- Conduct monthly Reporting & Reviews
- Support internal and external audits, regulatory reviews, escalations, customer events, etc.
- Create convincing business cases highlighting opportunities to implement innovative solutions across partners
- Enhance operational excellence, understand the impact of various card & lending regulations on pricing practices to ensure compliance excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address business needs in efficient and innovative ways
- Ability to work with large datasets (experience with SAS or SQL is highly desirable)
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
- Fundamental knowledge of consumer lending risk management and lending product pricing is plus
- Ability to contribute on other areas in the Consumer Lending and Underwriting if needed
- Team player mentality with a track record of building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional business partners
- Demonstrated thought leadership & partnership with cross-functional teams including Risk Management, Marketing, Information Management, Finance, Compliance, and Technologies
Education and Work Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in credit risk management or other related areas in financial services industry (required for Senior Manager)
- Undergraduate degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, or a related field
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MS, PhD in related field) is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and experience
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time