American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Consumer Chief Credit Officer & ANZ Lending Capabilities – ANZ Credit Risk Management
- Own full accountability of end to end credit risk management for consumer business
- Own risk outcomes and credit metrics
- Develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses in the business and communicate them effectively to business leaders
- Define policies for and provide guidance to Credit Risk Operations
- Focus on continuous improvement of credit risk management capabilities. Optimize integration and usage of capabilities and data such as credit bureau. Continually explore and test new data sources.
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with the business strategy and strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services
- Monitor economic performance across all risk decisions and partner with the Centres of Excellence to identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop / Deploy capabilities that enhance profitable growth in partnership with Central teams
- Ensure complete understanding of and adherence to local laws & regulations
- Partner closely with Operational Risk Management on the identification of and remediation of breakdowns in risk management processes.
- Own line management and lending features for consumer and commercial businesses to drive profitable finance revenue
- Drive profitable receivables growth through line management with regulatory, competitive and macro-economic considerations
- Develop optimal end to end line management framework for commercial business
- Implement and maximize use of lending features and capabilities such as lending on charge, instalment plans, promotional offers, balance transfers and transaction based pricing
- Develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses that may emerge with aggressive lending growth
- Provide thought leadership on on-card and off-card lending growth opportunities
- Lead Foreign Exchange International Payments (FXIP) risk management for Japan, Asia Pacific and ANZ (JAPA) region
- Develop robust underwriting, customer management and monitoring processes and strategies
- Develop and implement supplier on-boarding protocols for both Classic and Accessline businesses
- Have deep understanding of evolving regulatory environment with direct and indirect impact on the business and risk management. Cultivate strong industry networks to have deep awareness of trends and to be able to capitalize on any emerging opportunity
- Focus on talent development and team culture. Create a cohesive team in which all employees have well-defined roles with clear scope and distinct responsibilities
- Play a lead role in up-skilling the market risk management team in fundamentals of machine learning, artificial intelligence techniques and new and emerging technologies such as distributed ledger
Relationship building / Communication skills:
Experience in building relationships with external and internal
- Experience representing risk management in interactions with external regulators and partners
- Ability to influence outcomes/funding/focus/strategy for a business
Leadership/Organisational Awareness & Effectiveness:
Prior experience in a People Leadership role and the ability to develop a team of diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to navigate and collaborate across different teams and organisations to get things done with a high sense of urgency
- Proven ability to assess internal/external factors and link together to develop appropriate business and risk management strategies and actions
- A breadth and depth of content knowledge about the product and risk processes and capabilities.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the economics of the business, how the business makes money, Net Loss Provision and the levers that can be used to affect the economic outcomes.
- Familiarity with dealing with regulatory, bureau and operational risk processes
- 10+ years’ in an analytical role with people leadership experience
- Work experience with SAS/SQL
- Experience with Big Data and Machine Learning is preferred
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs, emerging technologies such as Distributed Ledger and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc.
- Experience using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement and AP/AR files in credit assessment
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
- CPA/CA or CFA a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time