American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Taxation Advisor - 12 Month Contract
We are currently seeking a talented and ambitious Senior Taxation Advisor to join the Tax Department located in our Sydney office for a 12 month contract.
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected
service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality,
teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others
and personal accountability.
As a valued contributor you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. At American Express, you are among the “Best Global Brands”.
Why this role?
This position is part of the Tax Department located in Sydney. The Sydney office is currently responsible for managing the tax affairs of American Express entities in Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Director - Taxation in Sydney, working within a highly engaged and dynamic team.
- Manage Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing, Employment Tax, GST compliance processes as well as ensure all tax Accounting obligations of American Express in Australia and New Zealand are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide advice to the business, compliance team and tax accounting team on direct and indirect tax matters.
- Coordinating and collating information and making representations required for revenue department enquiries.
- Managing workflow of compliance team.
- Undergraduate degree in an Accounting/Business discipline and have thorough understanding of accounting principles.
- Solid direct and/or indirect income tax experience.
- Chartered Accountant, Master of Taxation or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of Australian income tax legislation and experience in preparing direct and indirect returns.
- Ability to perform tax research and analysis.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Oracle and Onesource Corporate Tax experience would be beneficial.
- Willingness to manage processes with offshore teams.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with internal clients and external advisors.
- Well-developed organisational, time management, planning and prioritisation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time