American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Specialist
Anyone can offer a card. It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
American Express haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
Global Commercial Services division is primarily focused on business card products and B2B finance and payments solutions.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Working closely with business development and account development teams, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the business development activities/projects within the company
- Providing insights, reports, analysis to support and steer the growth on both issuance and acquiring part of the business
- Daily management of relationships and coordination of the communication with partners involved in acquiring process both internal and external
- Cooperation on daily basis with the account development team to identify and follow the expectation of clients
- Recommending, driving and implementation of the process solutions designed to improve the day-to-day operation of the company
- Investigate new payment solutions and identify how they would in current business model
- Collaboration and building relationships with other departments of the company (in-house and remote) to gain from common corporate experience and receive effective and in-time support required to achieve goals
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
The best candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in the Payments Industry and Financial Services Industry
- Experience in a client/partner facing in selling or supporting sales role
- Good knowledge of the landscape of the merchant acceptance market will be a strong asset
- Strong analytical skills and ability to look for data needed to make decision effectively even if they are not necessarily immediately accessible
- Ability to draw assumptions, build business cases
- Self-starter, hands-on mindset with can-do attitude
- A team player able to work with and support colleagues across a multinational organization
- Willingness and ability to deal with a high level of complexity and ambiguity
- Willingness to understand the problem and drive to a solution using creativity and out-of-the box thinking
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- University degree education
- Proficiency in Polish and English
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking and collaborative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time