American Express Careers
Business & Partnership Development Manager (Poland and CEE)
Anyone can offer a card. It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
American Express haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
Global Commercial Services division is primarily focused on business card products and B2B finance and payments solutions.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Working closely with and reporting directly to General Manager CEE, you will be responsible for driving up the results of the company by:
- Development of existing products: features, functionalities, communication
- Bringing up ideas, exploration, verification of business cases and then implementation of new solutions allowing for entering new segments of business
- Defining, launching and effective management of new business projects
- Development of new models of cooperation to grow the satisfaction and scale of the cooperation with current business partners
- Maintaining relationships and negotiating with key strategic prospects on the market to ensure new acquisition of clients of the meaningful size.
- Development and implementation of strategies to approach companies, which are challenging holdouts
- Negotiating and defining contract terms and service level of agreements with acquired business partners (customers and vendors).
- Collaboration and building relationships with other departments of the company (in-house and remote) to gain from common corporate experience and receive effective and in-time support required to achieve targets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Several years of experience in finance or payments industry
- Experience in implementation of new business solutions within finance sector especially directed to SMEs
- Experience in developing and executing sales strategies
- Sound knowledge of the financial market and technological innovations in finance sector (FinTechs) especially with regards to payment solutions
- Understanding the landscape of the card acceptance market and acquiring business
- Direct business-to-business sales experience
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication accompanied by strong presentation skillset
- Self-managed with hands-on mindset
- Highly motivated and a strong drive for results
- Willingness and ability to deal with a high level of complexity and ambiguity
- Willingness to understand the problem and drive to a solution using creativity and out-of-the box thinking
- Analytical skills and ability to look for key data points even if they are not necessarily immediately accessible
- Excel and PowerPoint expertise
- University degree education
- Proficiency in Polish and English
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking and collaborative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time