American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, AI Product Development
The Intelligent Automation and Messaging team as part of American Express Digital Labs is responsible for driving the development and delivery of intelligent conversational commerce and servicing experiences across American Express digital channels globally.
Leveraging the latest technology in Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence, we launched the first Virtual Assistant for American Express on the US Live Chat experience in 2016. Following impressive automation performance and Card Member satisfaction scores, the platform is now powering the Facebook Messenger Bot, and will soon be available in the US Mobile App, and on the Amex Travel website. We believe that technology like this provides us with a unique opportunity to intelligently service our customers; hold conversations and answer simple questions, automate and assist with servicing journeys, and continuously learn from each engagement.
With the continued growth and sophistication of the platform, we are looking to recruit a Senior Product Manager to take control and ownership of the backlog, and serve as the key point of liaison with our engineering team. You will interact on a daily basis with other Product Managers, UX Designers, Channel Owners and Business Partners, so you are someone who enjoys building relationships with different personalities and teams across the company, and thrives on collaboration. You have a good mix of product and tech experience, a deep appreciation for user-centered design and development, and a fascination with all things emerging tech.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, or product engineering
- Extensive experience working with software developers, engineers and architects, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality, and per original specification
- Experience managing a backlog, and thorough understanding of technology sizing, sprint planning and scrum coordination
- Comfortable working with external vendor partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills, and a deep comfort with data-driven decision making
- Able to independently drive medium to large-size tasks and projects
- Strong verbal communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations
- Working knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies, and the importance of iteration and continuous validation.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Design a plus.
- Experience working with consumer facing digital products including mobile, video, social, web.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time