American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer II
Are you up for the challenge?
- Previous experience in a Scrum team delivery environment preferred
- Experience leading software engineering and or automation development teams and building software products in a fast paced complex and dynamic product development environment
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software automation
- Bachelor Degree required
- Strong relationship skills and ability to manage the expectations of multiple customers and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and communicates effectively at all levels
- Proven ability to independently overcome obstacle and resolve complex problems
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous under defined problems
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Prior hands on software development experience in an object oriented language C# and Java
- Experience with various automation tools including Blue Prism, Selenium, IFT and VBA
- Mentor other team members in both tech and business domains
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patters
- Understanding and experience with Unix, Shell, Perl and Python scripting is a PLUS
- Data Science/Analytics is a PLUS
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time