American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Mangers will be leading teams developing new credit and collections management tools, and suites of web-based applications for card member that will span over 20 international markets.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences across multiple channels, You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
• Technical Project Managers oversees execution of cross-functional development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate.
• Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog.
• Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
• Coaches teams to adopt SDLC methods, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively encourage teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity..
• Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
• Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines.
• Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past.
• Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
• May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts, and results as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
• Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
• Tracks and communicates team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports.
• Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
• Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team.
• Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Have excellent end to end knowledge in Project management AGILE, WATERFALL & (V&V)
- ITIL certified and PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum Master with 10 years of managerial experience as Program Manager, Delivery Lead, Project leader, Technical/IT manager, and Project manager.
- Have extensive Technical knowledge and experience
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Experience
- Software Development to Enterprise Delivery.
- Able to manage end-to-end development and deployment of software applications and products with in-depth understanding of the complete SDLC processes with cross-cultural teams.
- Have excellent skills in IT project management, business process, development, documentation, and testing.
- Working knowledge of MS office tools, including Word, Powper Point, Excel
- Good Analytical skills, self-initiative and quick to learn new skills/technologies
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time