American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Java
This Sr. Engineer will function as a Technical leader on an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation). This role requires hands-on Coding expertise to lead the Engineers in their development, analyze data & derive insights related to product feature requirements & usage, write Code & perform Testing, collaborating w/ stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases. Ensure adoption of best practices as part of an Agile team.
- Perform Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Lead code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.
- 6+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Thorough understanding of XML,SOAP, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, SQL, DB2 UDB.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- RESTful API development experience.
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter).
- Experience with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using Java, J2EE, node, Spring Boot, Relation DBMS.
- Expertise in objected-oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external Business Partners on solution design.
- Able to understand and leverage complex data structures and associated components.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications.
- Lead reviews of colleagues' work.
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided.
- Has mastery in XLR, Jenkins, SonarCube, Junit, Maven, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter.
- Mastery of Infrastructure technologies and components.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time