American Express Careers
Engineer - Strong Programming Skills Needed
If you are a self-starter, passionate to learn new technologies, motivated to succeed, and looking for a unique opportunity to gain experience with a cutting-edge database and in-memory computing technologies, NGDM R&D team is an ideal place for you. Work as part of a high-performing team of talented developers and database experts responsible for application development, as well as R&D on the latest and greatest database, in-memory, and related technologies, by delivering prototypes that can accelerate Amex technology advances.
You will need to be a hardworking and energetic team player with “sky is the limit” mentality, who can learn things fast and is able to work in a fast paced environment. You will use your creativity to come up with solutions to problems few have tried to solve previously.
- Deliver high quality code with established Software Engineering practices.
- Be able to own a task from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Develop proof of concepts on any new technologies (e.g. Apache Ignite, Hazelcast, Couchbase, Cassandra, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of Development experience.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- Proficiency in Java and J2EE technology stack experience.
- Experience in design and development of APIs including serverless micro services based on RESTful service.
- Knowledge of open API specification (Swagger).
- Experience with working on webservers and application servers like Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere.
- Development experience with NoSQL databases like Couchbase, Cassandra.
- Experience in using ORM based technologies like Hibernate and JPA in Java/J2EE applications.
- Experience in Apache Spark, Solr, Ignite is a plus.
- Experience with code management and automation tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time