American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer -JAVA
We are looking for a Java Developer to work on back end user computing applications that will be used to support mobile apps used by American Express employees around the world. We want someone with expert-level technical skills who is creative and enjoys solving tough problems. You will be part of the End User Computing mobility team that provides mobile capability to American Express employees including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Company Owned Devices (COD).
Your primary responsibilities will be to work to develop new Java based backend systems while working with the internal mobile development teams. You will be expected to work with product management and development teams to develop backend solutions. This is a great opportunity to help shape the mobile experience for American Express employees.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 7 years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Technical skills required:
1. Experience with high performance heavy throughput applications with real time needs in Java, J2EE and Spring frameworks
3. Detailed knowledge of JBOSS application server & Springboot
4. Docker and experience with deploying applications in AWS
5. Experience with DROOLS rules engine
6. Worked with the following databases - MapR M7, MySQL, Hive, DB2 & Oracle
7. Working knowledge of JMS and Kafka
8. Working experience in writing Batch jobs, Schedulers with Spring Batch, Quartz, managing middleware’s like ActiveMQ, HornetQ, IBM MQ
9. Working knowledge in Social media Ad platforms (Facebook Lead Ads)
10. Experience in Writing Stored Procedures, Database Query tuning. Query Optimization, Application Profiling/ Performance tuning with JProfiler.
11. Designing, creating and consuming RESTful Web services, Working experience with message format like Protobuf, JSON
12. Experience in ORM frameworks (Hibernate/JPA), Familiar with Java Cryptography, Message encryption, Signature validation, Hashing and Public Key encryption.
13. Hands on Experience in Java Mail API to create, send, read messages, Distributed Caching framework (Hazel-cast), Shell scripting, CRON expression/scheduling
15. Knowledge in Statistical Models calculation libraries for PMML,LDA, EJB & Spring Integration framework.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time