American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Collections Specialist - High Balance
American Express has been in existence for 160 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust security and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. American Express colleagues are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization and the response that our people make to an ever changing environment. Every new colleague of our Global Servicing Group - High Balance Team has the opportunity to become a participant and not an observer and by using your unique skills and background you can help deliver superior products and services to our customers.
As a High Balance Collections Specialist you will:
- handle high volume inbound/outbound calls on past due high balance accounts in an auto dialer environment - balances can exceed 100k
- negotiate, collect and resolve accounts using persuasive communication skills and a consultative approach to encourage future card usage.
- utilize your negotiation and influencing abilities by offering our small business and consumer customers solutions using products and services from the American Express portfolio.
- Handle calls in a timely and efficient manner while following established credit procedures.
- Stay within acceptable performance standards and quality goals.
Start Date June 11, 2018
Location 20022 N 31st Ave, Phoenix AZ 85027
- A top performer with a proven track record of success
- An individual with both a competitive and strong will to win attitude
- Prefer 2 years or more experience in collections or consultative sales environment - Customer/Client facing experience will also be considered
- Moderate to highly analytical individual with strong financial acumen.
- Proven problem solving and decision making
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced, metric driven environment.
- Extremely adaptable in a changing environment.
- Flexibility on both day and evening schedules, weekend availability is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time