American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Learning Senior Research Scientist - Customer Listening (Risk Insights)
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• Responsible to identify key drivers of Advocacy and Satisfaction as measured through the Voice of Customer surveys (primarily for Risk process- Credit, Fraud, New Accounts) by applying Machine Learning and other advanced techniques on quantitative as well as qualitative data and thereby, contribute to the organization’s key priority around Customer First
• Leverage Machine Learning to learn and identify patterns, early warnings, predictions about aspects/ processes touching our customers, from the wide range of Operational, Customer behavior and Survey feedback data available to us
• Explore cutting edge technologies in the field of Speech & Text analytics to better understand as well as predict Customer Experience/ Satisfaction
• Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models relevant to the Customer Experience space
• Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning basis the GSN operating environment and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions
• Conceptualize, test and prototype beta versions of algorithms independently working along with business counterparts in larger GSN organization and generate value for them
• Capability of writing, debugging and compiling codes in multiple Machine Learning environment and not limited to Python/Pyspark, Apache Spark, R Spark etc.
• Provide technical leadership to the team members in relevant topics
6+ years of experience with MS/MBA in the following areas:
1. Prefer PhD in Statistical sciences/ Operations Research/ Quantitative methods from university of repute. Willing to look at candidates with Masters in a quantitative discipline
2. Experience in the field of Customer research, MI and analytics
3. Proven experience of solving complex business problems using Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Supervized or Unsupervized Recommenders, Deep iterative learning, Neural Nets etc
4. Strong hands on experience in Python environment and libraries (scikit, nltk, pandas and numpy). Working knowledge of R, Spark, SAS, Tableau is preferred
5. Deep knowledge of Statistics and Maths and ability to dissect problems from the first principle. Exposure to fields like Linear Algebra, Bayesian Statistics, Group theory is desirable
6. Proven track record of analyzing multiple sources of data to distill insights and drive business outcomes to help improve Customer Satisfaction
7. Strong ability to work in cross functional teams and drive partnerships/ relationships
8. Experience working in Risk related processes preferred
9. Excellent data presentation and visualization skills
10. Hands on knowledge of SQL/ Hive QL
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time